Friday, January 30, 2009

Fiday Flashback

What do you get when you mix flour, sugar, oatmeal, pancake mix, and 4 unsupervised two-and-a-half year olds?
Answer:

Four lil' Bakers

In order to take a shower when the kids were small, I would put them in a fenced area, get them interested in a video and then take the fastest shower I could. I never spent more than 5 minutes in the shower and I would run out, dripping wet, wearing nothing but a towel to check on them. This particular day, not only had they stopped watching the video that they were so engrossed in two minutes prior but they had managed to breach my "high tech" security system on the kitchen cupboards. You can't tell from the pictures but the fruits of their labors were on every surface of my kitchen, both high and low. The kids were completely covered in baking supplies, even under their clothes and into their diapers (don't ask me how they did that)!
My first thought was to cry. My second thought was relief that Amanda had not opened the bottle of oil that is sitting next to her. (30 more seconds and I have no doubt she would have!) My third thought was to just chill out, grab my camera and start taking pictures. I liked my third thought best so I acted on it. It wasn't too funny then but I knew it would be in a couple of years! Many of the things the kids have done end up being hilarious AFTER the fact, so it's always good to have pictures. I think those types of moments end up being some of the best memories! However, had Amanda opened that bottle of oil I'm not sure if I'd be laughing yet since I would likely still be cleaning it up today, 4 years later.
Thank Heavens I only had to vacuum to clean it up!

1 comment:

COME ON BABY said...

NO!!! I love it!!!! What great photo's. Love ya!!!!!!!!!