Friday, January 23, 2009

A Friday Flashback

Last night I was downloading pictures from one computer to another (thanks Jeff for my laptop) and looking at the pictures started bringing up awesome memories that I've never found time to write down. I think I'll try and write at least one down every week and call it my Friday Flashback.
This weeks story is about darling little Jaxon. I love this picture of him, he's got my glasses on upside-down and is reading scriptures. (At least someone dusted them off and looked at the pages.)

One night when Jax was about 3, I woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of silverware clanking on dishes. I wandered bleary eyed to the kitchen to see who, or what, the culprit was. I was hoping it wasn't a drunk stranger who had mistaken my home for is own or a large rat with table manners. What I found was adorable. Little Jaxon, in the cutest fuzzy blue footed jammies, standing on the counter. He had managed to find himself a bowl, poured himself a healthy sized serving of chocolate chips and was eating it with a spoon. Standing in the kitchen lit only by the light on the range hood I thought how beautiful and innocent he looked.. I will never forget how his little dimples melted my heart. We sat and ate some chocolate chips together, had a drink of milk and then went back to bed. That was certainly my kind of midnight snack and the best company to share it with.

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Sweet!! I love your Friday Flashback idea. I may have to come up with something similar. You are an awesome mom. I am not sure that I would have been so patient if one of my little trouble makers was up eating sugar, and yet you managed to see it as an opportunity. Thanks for helping me see things through another's eyes. What a great reminder in days that get so busy to stop and enjoy your kids and their quirkness, because before we know it it will be gone. *hugs*

COME ON BABY said...

What a great story!! You are the best mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy Holt said...

Those are two sweet moments... Reading scriptures then midnight chocolate session! I wish I can hear so I can catch kids snacking and sercetly laugh at them. Brad told me boys do sneak upstairs to snack during wee hours of night. We had set a side one area of kitchen where boys know it is not a forbidden area and they basically own this space. Miss u and hope we will have a good hang out time soon. Xo

Anonymous said...

Love the kids in their sweaters. Very cute. The scripture pic is priceless as well. Look like a lot of fun. I love having multiples. Just wanted to drop in and say I enjoy reading your blog. You have a neat family.