Thursday, June 3, 2010

Bad Kitty


A few days ago we went to visit one of my crack dealers...I mean we went to the local Barnes and Noble. (I need a 12 step program for books, office supplies, and home improvement stores.)  I hope the kids feel the same way about bookstores one day.  I love the smell of the pages, looking at all the learning games, thumbing through the magazines and finding the perfect bookmark.  So far, our favorite purchase of the day was two books.  One named "Bad Kitty Gets a Bath" and one named "Happy Birthday Bad Kitty". These are stories about a naughty kitty and all his antics. The kids love them, we can't help but laugh everytime we read them!  Sprinkled in with the humor, there are pages that give actual information about cats, tigers, lions and the like.
While reading about the lions, we learned that some big cats will eat so much after a successful hunt that they will sleep for 2 days afterward.  Often it is the female who does the hunting while the male lions do most of the sleeping. 
Upon learning this, Amanda asked me "which is male and which is female?'  I told her that males were boys and females were girls.  The lightbulb must have lit up in her brain...She laughed  "So, it's just like when you go to Wal-Mart and Daddy sleeps the whole time on the couch!"


Yes Amanda, it's just like that!!!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this! Amanda has it all figured out, and at such a young age!

Jackie said...

Yup, seen that before. I think Jay babysits the same way. Or he will even play computer games and insist that they love it when he does it. NOT!!!! That is why my house looks like a tornado ripped through it. Have to decide which is worse. Getting away or having to clean up what I find when I get home. LOL

Rachel said...

Hey Michelle!
Are you on facebook? if you are you should look me up!
Rachel