Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Original BFF's

On certain mornings, my Mom comes over and stays with me while my Dad goes to work at the Temple.  Yesterday, she was here and I was able to feed her breakfast and give her a little manicure. I must have worn her out.
The animals are very protective of her.

Mom's had some health challenges and now is suffering from dementia.  We are hoping to get her on some medications that will give her some independenence back and help with her cognitive skills.  Until that happens, or even IF that happens, I get to have her come visit me a couple days a week.  It's hard to see this fiercely independent mother of 9 suddenly needing help with basic everday activities.  I can only imagine how difficult it is for her to be so confused and not understand what is happening to her own mind and body.  She spends a lot of time sad and crying.  Yesterday though, she was really looking forward to a visit from her very best friend, her sister Carol.  All morning she kept telling me that she couldn't wait to see Carol and torment her.
I think Carol's visit was just what the Dr. ordered.
I don't think I've ever seen such a sweet picture of my Aunt and Mom.
I have so much love for both of these incredible women.  I really hope that I have conducted my life in a way that I have shown them just how much they mean to me.
I know my time with them is limited, that they are in the twilight of their lives.  They truly are BFF's and my prayer would be that neither one of them has to live out the remainder of their lives without the other one.  Maybe God can take them both at the same time.  Surely He would be entertained by the two of them!

2 comments:

COME ON BABY said...

Tender picture. I am sorry your mom is not well. It's great to see you are enjoying her and her sweet face while she is here :)

Jackie said...

What a great picture!!! The reason she was asleep in the previous pictures is your quads wore her out!!! Just watching the kids (mine, not yours:>) wears me out!!! Prayers to your mom!! Hugs to you, Jackie