Saturday, May 15, 2010

For Amber...

Last weekend, I was talking on the phone to Amber, one of the beautiful women who faithfully helped me with my babies back when they were... well, babies. She eventually moved, married a great guy, and went on to have quads of her own. (Yeah, I know, what are the odds?) Her babies are now toddlers and are getting more and more 'active'. She made the comment, "it seems like your kids were always so good!" Looking back, I think she may be talking about someone elses kids...



Yes, this is wet toilet paper stuck to every surface of my bathroom. What you can't see is that it is on the ceiling and dripped on me as I walked under it. We went through a phase where it didn't matter what I did, the kids got the T.P. and inevitably decorated with it....Why did they have to send it swimming in the toilet first???

Jaxon "cooking" a balanced Cheerios breakfast. If you look closely, you'll see the remainder of the box all over the floor behind him.


Flour, sugar, oatmeal, pancake mix and, thank heavens they hadn't gotten the lid off the oil yet...Oh, this happened when I took a 3 minute shower.



Cupcakes always taste better after being squished all over the counter.



Into the toilet again! Notice the roll is (of course) empty...


Ummmmm, that is nail polish on my wall. They also painted the dining table at the same time.


Carson had already had a bath but decided to jump in with Jax and Amanda as well.


Thanks mom for our very own mud puddle!!


That is magic marker all over Amanda...


This broken window? Jaxon has a hell of an arm, he was 4 when he launched that rock through the window. Maybe Mike could teach him to pitch?


My best advice...When your kids do something that makes you want to cry, (or runaway from home), grab a camera and take lots of pictures! You WILL laugh about it one day!

Did I ever tell you about the time they spoon fed Coke and chocolate pudding into the back of a high velocity floor fan we used to cool our bedroom, just to watch it spray EVERYWHERE? I bet I'll find shards of pudding and splatters of Coke until the day we move out!

Anyway, it's all good and these really are some of my favorite memories. But after looking at all these pictures, all I can think is "Where was their mother?"

9 comments:

COME ON BABY said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!! Great, great, great!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you took pics. Priceless.

Guy and Julie said...

this made me laugh so hard!!

Jackie said...

So funny. Hunter has a family history report due so we have been looking through pictures and I have some just like those. Dorotios on the table among the quads feet, beds turned upside down, pillows torn apart, dressers emptied, carpet pulled up..... I could go on for hours. LOL.

Kimberly King said...

I just found your blog and this is hilarious! thanks for the laugh, although I probably won't be laughing for long since my quads are now 9 months old and mobile!

Rachel said...

Hilarious! I am always taking pics of my kids when they do naughty stuff! It's not always funny when they first do something, but it's always funny to look back at the pictures!
Thanks for sharing all the funny stories!

When I was in high school, I babysat triplets from the time they were 9 months old until they were about 9. It's amazing how much easier it was to take care of those kids than it is to take care of my own! Other people's kids are always much easier to take care of and they ALWAYS behave better!

Four babies 4 us said...

This is Michelle's sister, Stacey. Michelle forgot to mention the time they had to saw apart the railing to remove Amanda's head. While Michelle was waiting for help to arrive, she snapped pictures of Amanda. Amanda was not amused. And the time that my daughter and Jaxon threw a few dozen soda cans in the air to watch them fly like rockets as they exploded.

Amber said...

Too funny! Thanks for the laughs. I feel much better now. Well, maybe. Now I realize I have a lot more to look forward too. : ) A sense of humor always helps out any situation.

COME ON BABY said...

Auntie check out this website. Its perfect :)

http://shitmykidsruined.tumblr.com/

Amber said...

I love this post! Still!