Sunday, August 8, 2010

One Month Gone

ONe month ago today, my mother died.  Not sure how you are supposed to commemorate a one month anniversary so Stacey and I spent the day helping my Aunt Carol move into her new apartment.  She was Mom's bestest friend...Remember this post?  Nothing like spending a day of service to hep take some of the sting of the sadness of the day.
Aunt Carol

Later, we went to the cemetary to take flowers to Mom.  Dad came up with his little dog, Jazmine.  While there, we saw an older man take a folding chair and his puppy over to a headstone.  I walked over and introduced myself, and as my dad got closer, he realized that it was somebody he knew because the both work in the same temple.  Both men were within a year of each other, (age wise) both had been married to the same woman for well over 50 years and both had lost the loves of their lives in the last 2 months or less.  I hope my dad will go get his folding chair and go sit and talk with this man.  I think they could be a great support to each other.

                 I miss her more than I thought I would.

                           Saying Good Bye the night of the viewing.

One month down, many more to go...

1 comment:

Guy and Julie said...

I have been out of touch reading blogs lately, and I clicked over to catch up. I have just sobbed reading over your last month or so of posts. What a beautiful family you have, and what beautiful memories and stories to tell. I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. I'm so thankful that you have such a sweet family to help you through this time.