Monday, April 19, 2010

NASCAR in Phoenix!

Last weekend, April 9 & 10, we travelled to Arizona to feed our inner redneck at the Nascar race held at Phoenix International Raceway. We had a blast! We had the opportunity to stay with Jeff's awesome sister Michelle and her wonderful family, and we also caught up with some of my family that I haven't seen in 25 years or more. My sister Jeanna came down with us and it was wonderful to watch her spend time bonding with the quads. She's had to spend so much of her energy on her own children that bonding with mine hasn't been something she's been able to do. I love her so much and I'm so glad she took the time out of her busy life to spend with us!

It was a little shocking for Jeanna to see how much attention the quads generate. At one of the vendor booths, the owner remembered the kids from a race we attended in California last year. At the gate, the ticket takers remembered all their names even though they had only met them the night before. Good thing we aren't intensely private or introverted in our family!
Here's some photos from the trip...

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox

2 comments:

COME ON BABY said...

I checked out all 40+ photos. CUTE!! I am glad your BFF got to make the trip. I am sure it was fun for all. XOXOXO

Amber said...

Sounds and looks like you guys had a blast! Miss you! Hope all is going well.