Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Co-Sleep-Stop

What is so different about these beds???


????????????

No guess?



They've finally been slept in!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Once the kids became too big for their cribs, we set out to pick the perfect beds for them. Ones we thought would be comfortable, durable, and something that could be used no matter their age. We bought fun bedding and decorated their rooms. What we didn't plan on was co-sleeping. The kids had totally different ideas and all 4 of them have made themselves at home in our bed for the last 5 years. We really didn't mind so much, they were small at first and really didn't take much room. Plus, it was nice snuggling up with the kids every night.

But over time, they grew. On several occasions I would find Jeff sleeping on the floor. So, I moved one of the kids beds into our room and created the mother of all king size beds by pushing them together. This setup has worked well until recently when it seems the kids have grown again! Two nights ago, I found Jeff sleeping on the floor and I was on one of the beds in the twins room as we had been kicked out of our own bed by 4 sleeping youngsters. With no more room to bring in yet another bed to make our uber-king even larger, it became evident that the time had come to stop co-sleeping. I dismantled the extra bed that had been in our room for a year and returned it to it's rightful place in Mason and Carson's room.

With a little bit of bribery and a lot of perserverance, we finally got the kids to sleep in their own beds last night. I must admit, I'm not so sure I slept better as I am so accustomed to having kids smothering me as I sleep. I'm a little nostalgic about the whole thing because it represents another stage of life, forever gone, except for in my memories.


Well, maybe not totally gone. The twins wound up in bed with me after Jeff left for work this morning.

And the dog? Well, she just doesn't understand what all the fuss is about!

One night down, many more to go...

1 comment:

Ado said...

Dear all,
Thank you for your visit to our Blogs ana & ado+4!
Yes, we've had a GREAT party!
The gilrs are pretty good, very smart and healthly!
Congratulations for your 4 kids, they looks great!
Have a nice weekend!
Ado & Ana +4