Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Little Boy...Big Word


Jaxon being studious at 3 years old!

Yesterday, Jaxon was showing me his latest Lego creation. It was a rather complex robot that he had spent the morning constructing. As he told me how the robot worked, he began to show me how the joints moved. "Mom," he said "this articulation moves both forwards and backwards." Not sure that I had heard correctly, (heck, I never say "articulation") I just kept listening to him as he proudly showed all the things his robot could do. Once again, he showed me another junction and again said "and this articulation moves from right to left." So, I had heard him right, much to my delight and surprise!


Hmmmm, purdy good for a NASCAR watchin', Mario Kart Wii playin', homeschooled young un' of just 7 years old!!! Not sure where he learned the word though, or how to use it correctly in a sentence...I'm assuming the internet! Sure I'd like to take the credit but I would have just said "joint."
OK, enough mommy bragging for one day!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I just stumbled on your blog and had to comment! You remind me so much of my family and I! My quads were born in February of 2008 at 23 weeks and 5 days and weighed just about 1.5 pounds. I especially enjoyed your post "confessions of a real life mom!" My kids also like to sleep with us, and I just recently told my husband that maybe we should consider putting one of their beds next to our bed so we would have more space! It's nice to hear another mom's stories that are so much like my own!

www.woollenquads.blogspot.com