Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rumors

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.

There is a rumor going around my family that my children are spoiled. This is ONLY a rumor and could not possibly be true since I don't plan on making any mistakes as a parent :o)

The kids latest obsession is Lego building sets. Jaxon and Carson will spend hours browsing the Lego website looking for the next set they would like to purchase. Um, correction: talk mom into purchasing.

Carson checks the availablity of every set and warns me when inventories are low. When he sees new words in the description, he always inquires as to what it means. "Mom, what does 'backordered' mean?" "What does 'sold out' mean?" and so on. A couple of days ago, while my little sister was visiting he saw the words "On SALE!"




"Aunt Stacey, what does 'On Sale' mean?" Carson asked sweetly.

"It means your mom is going to buy it for you."


Smart alec little sisters, gotta love em!


Just to prove a point, I have NOT purchased the on sale item....
Yet.
(I hope they don't sell out while I'm making my point.)

2 comments:

Missew said...

You better hurry and get it before the words change to 'sold out'. Maybe you could hide it away for a bit? LOL They aren't being spoiled with legos, you are investing in their future. They could grow up to be engineers cause because you bought them legos. :o) P.S. That same rumor goes around my family :o)

Holly said...

Lol the kids at my work like Lego too, it's great fun...until you stand on it in bare feet!