Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Holding Her a Little Closer


My Beautiful Baby Girl and her Pet Caterpillar
A while back, I started reading little Kayleigh Anne Freeman's blog. Kayleigh was born very premature and suffered from intra-uterine growth retardation along with a myriad of other things. She, and her family, have been fighting for her life for 10 months. She has never been out of the hospital.
Today's update has brought tears to my eyes. After what seemed to be a successful surgery to correct some reflux issues and fix a couple of hernias, Kayleigh has now stopped waking up. It appears from the tests that she is brain dead.
My prayers are with her family that they will have the strength and courage to face what lies ahead as it appears that their future will not include their precious daughter. Please remember them in your prayers as well.
Having four premature infants makes stories like this hit too close to home. Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for my babies, and their good health. The news has made me grab my little girl and hug her just that much tighter.
So stop reading now, go grab your kids, hug them tight and tell them how much you love them. And, if you have a second to post a message to the Freeman's, I know it would mean a lot to them.

No comments: