Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Stress Relief

 
Remember my last post?  Well...
 
After a few sleepless nights, some crying, and tentative plans made for the future,  I was finally able to get a copy of my current insurance coverage.  I studied it line by line, combing over my policy and all the little microscopic footnotes.   I could clearly see that I did have coverage for the injectable drugs that two of my boys need and they were covered under the medical portion of my insurance, not prescription.  Despite being told on no less than five occasions something to the contrary, it means that they are subject to deductibles and out of pocket maximums!!  
 
I promptly drove to the Altius offices and spoke with a representative, showing her what my policy clearly stated.  She apologized for all the confusion and promised that she would get my account straightened out. The root of the problem seems to be outdated computer programming that does not allow the medical side of your plan and the prescription side to be seen at the same time.  (C'mon people, this is 2012!)  After having had so many customer service people get it wrong, it was nice to talk to someone who appeared to know what she was doing.  She did not disappoint!  Within 3 days, all my screwed up claims were fixed, my account had been sent to the proper billing teams, and a check had been issued back to me for overpayment on Mason's medication. 
 
I could kiss that girl!
 
So, a payment of a minimum $30,000 per year, which would only increase as the boys get bigger, has now become a maximum out of pocket of $9,000!!!
 
I never thought I would be so excited about paying $9K in medical a year!!   A few weeks ago, I was complaining about how high my out of pocket maximums were.
 
 

Reminds me of the saying "How do you make a man happy?  Take away everything he owns...And then give it back to him." 

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! Awesome news!

Amelia said...

Holy Smokes, I'm happy for you, I think...but $9,000? Yikes, Mama!

Smilen Champ said...

Hi My name is Jenna
Your kids are beautiful princess handsome prince’s, cute blessings, special earthly angels, and precious gifts and miracles.
I was born with a rare life threatening disease, developmental delays, and 14 other medical conditions.

Here is a new poem I wrote, it’s called it takes courage:
It Takes courage to love
Like a dove
It takes courage to fight,
It takes courage to do what’s right
It takes courage to stay strong,
When things go wrong
It takes courage to write a song
It takes courage to live
It takes courage to give
It takes courage to fight this beast
It takes courage to be brave
It takes courage to smile and wave
It takes courage to keep positive
Keep on fighting!
It takes courage to win!
http://www.miraclechamp.webs.com