Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Just Bitching

Today I feel so defeated.  I texted my walking buddy, told her I didn't feel well and skipped my early morning walk.  The dog cried for what seemed like an eternity because he really wanted to go (why can't I have the same enthusiasm for life as my dog?)  I slept in and allowed the kids to skip school.  My house is completely trashed and I am spending too much time on the computer and eating chocolate.  I've gained 5 lbs and really don't need to be eating candy.  I need to finish painting the basement, pull up the rest of the water damaged flooring, and seal the concrete. (The basement flooded a couple of weeks ago which forced me to do work I had been putting off.)  My kitchen floor needs to be mopped, the dog needs to be brushed, my flowers need to be planted outside,  my suitcases need unpacking from my trip to Long Beach with Carson over the weekend  and I need to drain and re-fill the pond.  My taxes got screwed up and the IRS sent me a "please send money including penalties" letter which I do NOT owe and I need to get it straightened out.  My 7 month old camera broke while on a Mommy and Carson trip.  (I've taken Amanda and Carson on their own separate trips and plan on taking the other two soon.  Blogging about them is yet another thing I need to accomplish.)  I think you should get more than 7 months out of a camera that you paid $300 for.  Fortunately, it's under warranty so I can get it fixed but I have no motivation to take it to the camera shop downtown.  I took some pictures on my phone but can't transfer them to the computer.  My cupboards are bare.
Things just suck right now.   Mommyhood is kicking my butt.  Life feels so overwhelming and impossible.  I feel like an incompetent mom.  I think I'll just go back to bed and start again tomorrow.  Maybe my fairy Godmother will show up and take care of things while I sleep.  
Hey I can hope, can't I?

1 comment:

Amelia said...

I HATE those kinds of days! You are an amazing mom and I know it will all turn out. Sometimes you just have to take some time off to build up your strength to be Superwife, Supermom, and Super-Friend-to-Man's-Best-Friend!