Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Some Things Can't Be Fixed



Amanda saying good bye to Angel
My sweet daughter absolutely loves animals, and our animals love her.  For the past 3 weeks, our snowshoe cat, Angel, has been having trouble breathing.  She sounded like Darth Vader with a cold.  We took her to the vet and tried her on 2 different rounds of antibiotics, neither of which made a difference. Then her nose started bleeding a bit and wouldn't stop. She began having behavior changes, lost one quarter of her body weight, and was still struggling to breathe. 
Yesterday, we took her back to the vet.
An X-Ray showed what appeared to be a tumor in her nasal cavity.
Some things can't be fixed.
My little girl cried as I explained that it was time to have the kitty put down.  I did the best I could to get her to understand that the cat was miserable and likely in pain.  It was so hard to tell her that there was nothing me, or the vet, could do to save the cat.
The ride home broke my heart as I listened to my little girl cry in the back seat.  I felt terrible that this was something I couldn't fix, and completely helpless as she sobbed for her sweet kitty.
Today, she is still sad and a lot of tears have been shed...And I'm crying with her.


4 comments:

HoundDogMom said...

Sending {{HUGS}} to your daughter and your family. I am 49 years old and I still have a heard time with allowing my pets to cross to the Rainbow Bridge. Unfortunately, God only loanes these beautiful creates to us for a brief time. We will be looking for the bright star in the sky tonight for your beloved Angel as she is crosses to the Rainbow Bridge. Sherri (www.hounddogmom.blogspot.com)

Scott and Katy Adams said...

Oh how sad! I am so sorry. I remember losing beloved pets. The pain is so real and its so hard. My heart and prayers go out to you....

Amelia said...

I am so sorry...your little girl is so sweet; it must be so hard to watch her grieve. Love to you both!

COME ON BABY said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh honey I am so sorry about your kitty. You are such a wonderful fur baby mom. Animals are luck to have you and your kid-o's!!!!!! I love ya babe!!