Saturday, January 29, 2011

I Miss My Six-Pack

And I'm NOT talking about beer.
Once Upon a Time, I had abs like this...

OK, so I was twenty-something at the time, but my tummy looked pretty dang good!

Then, something happened that gave those muscles a good stretch... 
I'm not complaining, because I'd take my four pack of kids over six-pack abs ANY DAY!!
But, I've decided that 8+ years later, I can no longer blame my flabby tummy on pregnancy and childbirth.  It's time to get back into shape.
So I ordered a couple of workout videos... 
Notice the Pringle's can holding up the video on the right.  Yeah, I'm all about eating healthy!
Jennifer, (my niece) saw me Hip-Hoppin' along to the videos when she came to visit the other day.  She said I was "cute."  (Kinda like when elderly people exercise?)  I have a feeling she wanted to bust a gut laughing at me,  which would have been a great ab workout for her.
A couple of days ago, I went to Costco.  I found these little numbers for a really great price and thought I'd give 'em a whirl.  After all, if they do what they claim, they might be a great addition to my "get ripped" repertoire. 
They might be ugly but, the box says that they are designed to help:
burn more calories
improve posture
improve circulation
strengthen the back
tighten abdominal muscles
firm buttocks
tone and firm thighs
firm calves
reduce joint stress
vacuum
wash dishes

Well, maybe I made up the part about vacuuming and washing dishes, but a girl can dream, can't she?
If all goes well, I'll post before and after pictures.  If not, I'll delete the "before" pictures and no one will ever be subjected to seeing my uncovered pooch and love handles.
Hmmm, on second thought, maybe I'll skip that post altogether.

I hear you breathing that sigh of relief!

2 comments:

Kimberly King said...

Good luck momma!

lifewithquads said...

Hahaha! It's been twelve years and I'm still blaming mine on childbirth. Please don't ruin it by telling me it's been long enough to lose the baby fat......I'm not ready!! LOL