Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Eternal BFF's

A short time before my mom died, I wrote this post about the two orignial BFF's.
Tonight, I'll finish this chapter. 

 
My aunt Carol (left) has always been a second mother to me.  She and my own mom were so close that they loved each other's children as thier own.  I remember many days stopping by her house after school just to get a hug, or staying in her home while we waited for our own home to vacate after a move.  How those two women handled 11 kids in what must have been less than a 2000sf house, is beyond me!
I really love this picture because it shows what a calming influence they have always been in each other's lives. It was taken about a week before my mom's death.
Carol wrote in a book of memories that she and Gayle could finish each other's sentences, cook each other's meals, or knit on each other's projects and no one but them knew where one began and the other one ended.
 Kindred spirits like that don't stay separated long. 
Tonight, just 5 months after Mom's death,  my beautiful aunt met her on the other side. While I am sad for the loss, I am so glad that she is no longer in pain.   I am smiling because I know that Gayle wasn't going to do heaven without Carol, and Carol wasn't going to do earth without Gayle.  Both deserve every happiness after enduring this life so well. 
So, if you make it up to heaven, and find a lot of angels wearing really gorgeous sweaters...Look around...I'm sure you'll find Carol and Gayle perched in a soft chair laughing and knitting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dammit Michelle! I was reading through your blog, when I stumbled across this and instantly brought tears to my eyes. I miss Mom and Carol so much!

Unknown said...

Beautiful message, btw! Love you sis!