Friday, July 2, 2010

Friday Flashback

Eight years ago today, I was looking like this...
This picture was taken close to midnight on July 2, 2002.  I was (once again) hooked up to an evil drug called Magnesium Sulfate in an attempt to quiet my pissed off  constantly contracting uterus as my doctor tried  to buy the babies as much time in the oven as possible. I had already been in the hospital for almost a month and this was my third or fourth time being treated with the drug from hell.  A man who hates women must have invented that drug, or at least that's what I thought back then.  I was miserable and sooooo ready to be done being pregnant but I knew that having the babies this early (27 weeks 3 days) wouldn't be in their best interest.  So, I followed orders, stayed in bed hooked to IV's and monitors, and tried to keep my spirits up...Doesn't that look like a happy face to you?  I was wondering how much more I could handle, I was really feeling like I had nothing left to give.  Couldn't sleep, breathe, walk, couldn't see my own feet.  Heck, I could barely wipe my own @$$...well you know. 
But, I was doing something VERY important....Growing our children!
Remembering that made nights like these suck a little less.
I didn't know it then but, this proved to be the last of those miserable nights.
About 20 hours later...

No comments: