Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Resourceful Miss Amanda

One of Amanda's favorite things to do is to go to a local shop called The Chocolate Cottage. It's a wonderful place to buy some decadent, addictive, hand dipped chocolates of all varieties. Yesterday, she asked to go and buy one of their caramel apples. Huge, gorgeous apples dipped in caramel and decorated with dark, milk, and white chocolate and all kinds of variations of nuts and candy. They are absolutely to die for! Anyway, I told her "no" and explained to a protesting little chocolate addict why we couldn't go. So, being the resourceful child she is, she raided the cabinets for our stash of Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped a few, and began to melt them between two space heaters. Next came an apple she retrieved from the box we keep in the garage which she asked me to cut for her. Her results weren't quite Chocolate Cottage stature, but were more than adequate...








How d'ya like THEM apples!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

You go girl!!! Impressive I must say. And for the record, just reading about the carmel wonderful apples that you buy, I gained 5lbs. I could taste it!!! LOL.

The Cochran Crew said...

So glad you commented!!!! I'm so happy that I will survive all the way to age 7!!!! Can't wait to read from the beginning of your blog!