Friday, September 18, 2009

Glad We Got the Warranty

Of all the things the kids have broken, I miss my laptop the most.

Two days ago, my laptop shut itself off. No problem, just turn it back on right? Well, it was not to be. After running itself through a bunch of diagnostic tests that are completely beyond my realm of understanding, it got stuck. So, I called my 24 hour computer service (my little brother Terrance) and he promptly came to my house to fix the faulty device. I knew it was trouble when he informed me that he would need to take it with him and see what he could do. "Is there anything on the hard drive that you need me to attempt to retrieve?" he asked. "Just my pictures." was the sad reply. Thank heavens most of my pictures are already saved on a thumb drive.
Today, the results came in... Dead. The hard drive only has 4% health (whatever that means but I'm guessing that means 96% of it is gone). Apparently it has been dropped on it's head one too many times and cannot be repaired. I've never been one to buy the expensive extra warranties that stores offer, but when Jeff bought me the laptop for Christmas he opted to pay an extra $300 to cover the computer for everything, including quadruplet abuse. I'm hoping to have a functioning laptop soon.


Amber DeMaria, one of my fellow quadmom friends, tagged me for "Honest Scrap." The idea is to tell 10 things about yourself that others may not know and then tag 7 others to do the same.
So, here's mine:

1-No big revelation here but I am late for everything. I always have good intentions of being on time, but it just never happens.

2- I cannot remove the cotton stuffed in the top of pill bottles to keep the pills from rattling around. I always have to get Jeff to do it for me. The sound is like nails on a chalkboard, just thinking about it gives me the chills!

3- The first time Jeff asked me out on a date, he stood me up. Rather than taking that as rejection, I took it as a challenge and vowed that he would go out with me...whether he wanted to or not!

4- At one time in my life I was adamant that I would never use fertility treatments and that if I hadn't had kids by 36, well, I just wouldn't have kids. (OK the quads were born when I was 37). On the other hand, from the day we were married on, Jeff always said that we would have one kid unless it was twins.... God certainly has a sense of humor, don't you think?

5- I absolutely HATE looking for things and I could literally go crazy if I can't find my car keys.

6-I'm quite obsessive compulsive and all you have to do is look in my closets and drawers to see it. The kids clothes are folded and stacked in daily matching outfits, all color coordinated and ready to go. Even the jammies.

7-I'm an Air Force brat born in Alaska.

8- I'm terrible with names but great with numbers. If everyone just had a number rather than a name, I'd never forget.

9-I'm allergic to all fresh fruit and vegetables. Most of them I can eat cooked or canned but eating them raw is not a good idea for me.

10- When we started down the road of infertility treatments, I knew something weird would happen to us. I always knew that we would have 4 kids but I thought we would have two sets of twins. In a way I guess we did, (two identical, two fraternal) they just all came in one litter!

So, now I nominate the following to give me some Honest Scrap:
Jenny Loves Louisiana
Lydia from Taggart Times
Jen Holt
Jackie from Six Pack of Fun
Julie from The Green House
Ana & Ado + 4 (don't worry about translation, I figured out how to do it through the blog.)
Stacey from Oh My Melody

Thanks for playing and I'm interested to hear about your quirkiness!

3 comments:

Guy and Julie said...

Thanks for the nomination--I'm a little blank on blog material lately! I'm glad you backed up most of your pictures--that would be AWFUL to lose them all. Guess I probably need to do a little backing up myself this afternoon!!

That's really funny that you said you'd never do fertility treatments...interesting how life circumstances can make you change your mind in a hurry.

You commented and asked where we registered--Target is the main place. We registered for a few things at a local baby store, and that's where we saw the baby cast. I did NOT let my husband register for that, even though he was dying too just for laughs! Could you imagine??? Could you imagine doing a belly cast with your quads??? I can't imagine who would want that thing around the house :)

L. Taggart said...

Okay. I will do your fun game, but it might take me a day or two to think of that many things AND get them down without forgetting them - oh, that should be one! I forget so easily... :) maybe this won't be that hard after all!

Jackie said...

I will absolutely do your quirkiness quiz. However, I am right there with it is going to take me a couple of days to think of which ones I want to use. I will have no problem coming up with them it will just be hard to decide I want to share with the world. LOL. Glad you are on the road to computer recovery!!!! Love, Jackie