Saturday, March 21, 2009

Something's Missing

Laughter LivesThis post is part of "Laughter Lives! Tuesday" on the Riggs Family Blog. Check our their blog to read everyone else's "Laughter Lives!" posts.

This week, Carson was trying to find something. I could see him looking in each room and all around him. When I questioned him as to what he was looking for, he replied "I'm looking for my other testicle." (or as he puts it, his "aahver testiscole") All I could think was gee, I hope it is right where the good Lord left it, right next to the other one. I continued to question him but the response was still the same.


What a terrible thing to lose.


Later that day, we went down into our guest room, a room that we rarely go into. It is hidden at the end of the hall in the far reaches of our basement. There in the closet was exactly what Carson was looking for. No, not his "aahver testiscole" but his new TELESCOPE!! What a big misinterpretation on my part. I guess I don't speak fluent 6 year old quadruplet.
In any event, I'm just glad that everything is found, be it a testicle or a telescope and I'm really glad it was one and not the other.


Not to be outdone in the funny department, Mason was looking at the NASCAR lineup of drivers and informed me that "Toad and Goofy Bodine are brudders." Hmmmmm, Toad and Goofy? What kind of parent names their kids after an amphibian and a Disney charachter? I decided to investigate and look at the lineup myself. There they were, in black and white, Todd and Geoffery Bodine. Yes, they are brudders...No, I won't be correcting Mason anytime soon. I like his names better.

Gosh, I love those two boys.

7 comments:

Ana said...

Dear all 06,
We are a brazilin coupple thar ar at the 28th week of pregnant quadruplets (04 girl)!!! Yeah!
We are so happy to see tha you have a wonderfull family.
If you can check also our Bolg up!
- anaeadomaisquatro.blogspot.com
Best regards,
Ana & Ado + 04

Oh well, hey! said...

Stopped over from the Riggs ... loved your site - good couple of chuckles. Kids DO say the darnest things and it is a sad day when their language develops and fingers are no longer "thingers" and I will miss when my middle child doesn't want to go "Easter Eggin'" like she did yesterday when trying on her dress complete with a hunting song! Enjoy - love it!

~J~ said...

Thanks for the giggle! I love it when they goof up words like that :)

Anonymous said...

How cute are they?! Don'tcha love moments like that?! :)

DawnS said...

What a couple of cuties you have!

Cathy Holt said...

Love the sleeping twin hugging!!! Awwww. Yeah because your mind is due for some dusting (to sweep some dirty thoughts, lol)...

L. Taggart said...

Hi! Glad everything is found! Miss you guys!