Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stuck in the Draft Pile

This post was originally written in July 2008.  I'm not quite sure how it got taken out of my published work but I'm assuming it has something to do with the changes to blogger.  I just found it in my drafts and can't figure out how to put it where it belongs chronologically.  Since I intend to eventually make a book of my blogposts for each of my kids, I certainly need this one included!  So, forgive the backpedal in time and hopefully you'll enjoy an oldie but goodie...

Will We Have Computers When We Die?
My sweet little daughter, Amanda, has been asking a lot of questions about death since one of the little ducklings that lives in our backyard died last week. She want's to know if we will have computers, food, our house and if we will all be the same when we die. Of course I thought I was being very smart by answering "We will have everything we need and everyone will be the same. I'll still be Mommy, Daddy will be your daddy and your brothers will be the same." She began to cry. Now, I thought she was crying because she didn't want us to die but I couldn't have been more wrong. When I questioned her about her tears she replied "I want the boys to be different!"
 
I guess she isn't really excited with her brothers right now.

Another question she asked was "Who is God and who made him?" Questions I haven't pondered in years. Amazing how the innocence of a child can get our own wheels spinning again!


Ok, now on to some lighter stuff....Pictures!



Our duck family





Hard to believe this was just 6 years ago!



Pictures of the kids sixth birthday party...



Mason and Carson love their NASCAR cakes!



Amanda got some Little Pet Shop toys, her favorite



Jaxon in his water wings



Looks like the party wore Mason and Carson out!




2 comments:

melanie said...

Hey 4 babies! Embarassing question, but i dont know your first name! no prob about the message redirection! i live in hesperia, ca, which is about 45 minutes from crestline. i wish i lived in utah! your kids are adorable!!! isnt blogging fun? i love it!
ciao, melanie segalla

melanie said...

okay, me again.
now i feel REALLY stupid....MICHELLE!!!!! Forgive me for being an idiot.
you sound like one of those people who dont get mad at others when they act like fools! haha, j/k :)
melanie segalla