Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Time Marches On

Earthquakes,  tsunamis, nuclear disaster,  floods, the overthrowing of governments, two wars, political unrest in the Middle East,  soaring oil prices, record number of homes in foreclosure.  There isn't much good news lately and it seems the events that have been prophesied are unfolding right in front of us.  It's incredible, yet somewhat scary.

Meanwhile, I live my little blessed life.  I thank God for the gift of  my husband and kids.  We have shelter, food, transportation and a few dollars to buy extras.  Despite all the tragedies in the world, time marches on.  Our world just keeps spinning and my priorities changing.  I find so much joy in the little things...
Little things like Mason's first lost tooth
Or Jaxon giving me a thumbs up after having a tooth knocked out on the trampoline.
                                                                                      
Or the feeling of pride when the boys got their Bobcat in Scouts.

Despite all that is going on in the world, there are miracles that unfold all around us every day.   I realize that life as we know it can change in a split second.  I remind myself daily that God is in charge and He knows all.  What a wonderful time to be alive.  What an incredible life unfolds every day. 

3 comments:

Amber said...

AMEN to that! So glad you are back to posting again. I've missed you.

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you are back! I've missed reading about you guys. Great post by the way!

Amelia said...

Go Bobcats!