Saturday, October 18, 2008

"Here's Your Sign"

Last night, while driving my kids home from their cousins birthday party, I came upon a car facing the wrong direction in the emergency lane. Further inspection of the vehicle showed a young girl on a mobile phone and a nasty scrape down the passengers side of her car. I pulled over to help.
"Did you see that?" she questioned me. "No, I didin't see anything, I just stopped to see if you were OK." "Well, someone just hit me and left. They didn't even stop to see what had happened" the girl replied. It seems that she was a new driver of 8 months, and had never been in an accident. "I can't believe they just left", she lamented. "Well" I said, "it won't be hard to find them, they left their front license plate sticking out of your door."
I wish I wouldn't have forgotten that my new phone takes pictures. It really was quite funny to see the perpatrator's calling card sticking straight out of the edge of the passengers side door.
The officers soon arrived and got quite a kick out of seeing someone leave their signature at the scene of a crime....And you know what? They got pictures!

3 comments:

A womb for rent said...

Dumb A>>!!!!!

Cathy Holt said...

Amazing! It is a good thing the license plate had made its dive into a car of victim, even its a unfortaune situation for her. Bet the offender did that before to other cars.... who knows?

L. Taggart said...

So glad you stopped to help! Not enough helpers out there these days!